June 5, 2009

A Week of Firsts!

Yep, this has been a week of firsts:
  • First bikini ever bought- and worn... but not in public!
  • First pair of 'short' shorts worn since I was probably about the age of 12.
  • First time I played Disc Golf for the season - just like regular golf but with a frisbee instead, lots of fun but i think i'm going to need a lot more practice. I can do a par 3 hole in about 10 shots!!!
  • First dress pattern ever bought and just about to start my first attempt at making it too! We have been invited to a friend of Sonny's wedding in July so i had the great idea of making my own dress... test out my new sewing machine and my rusty sewing skills! Wish me luck!
  • First SOS package from home this week with a few shirts i had left behind, my more 'reserved' tankini (for public places!), the 3rd book in the Twilight series, Eclipse and the best of all Selvedge magazine - for those of you who don't know it, its an amazing textiles magazine with fantastic images and articles. There was lso a bonuc choclate bar each: dark for Sonny and crispy white for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment