September 30, 2010

Pumpkin Pie, mmmm!

Last year, my first autumn in the US, I had my first slice of Pumpkin Pie. I have to admit that my first thought was hmmm, I'm not sure! But I tried it and I was hooked!! It is a very signature dish for Fall. I made a pumpkin pie yesterday for Sonny and I, it's Sonny's favourite! Here are some pictures, sorry you can't taste it or 
smell it cooking - absolutely delicious!

  mixing ingredients

Pie fresh out of the oven


Here is the recipe I used, it is quick, easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Famous Pumpkin Pie

3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15oz) Pumpkin or leftover pumpkin from carving
1 can (12 floz) evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9inch pie shell

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Beat eggs in a large bowl, stir in sugar mix and pumpkin. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

Pour into pie shell

Bake in preheated oven 425F (200C) for 15mins. Reduce temp to 350F(180C) and bake for 40-50mins or until inserted knife near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment