November 19, 2010

Fiber fun

A couple of weeks ago I was happy to find that there is a Fiber Arts Guild in Rapid City. They meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, so two Tuesdays past was a meeting night. 

I called the lady that runs it and she said they would be knitting... I don't knit, so I thought I'd give that meeting a miss. During our conversation, I said that I wanted to learn to crochet, so she encouraged me to go buy a ball of yarn and a crochet hook and come along as there would be someone willing to teach me! So I did, it was a great meeting, everyone was busy knitting and a lady called Peggy was teaching me how to crochet!

The next few meetings are to be about Felting.. so I will not feel as behind!

Here are some of the things i have been working on...


some really cool wool yarns I am hoping to felt after..



Crochet flowers



 and a pair of fingerless gloves I am working on, they are harder than they look!!
It' s so much fun, I can't stop! I have the crochet bug!!

 The birdie likes to crochet too






No comments:

Post a Comment