November 9, 2010

Our new flatmate!

Please welcome our new lodger, a cute little Cinnamon Conure. We don't have a name for 'her' yet (we don't know if the bird is actually male or female but the lady we got her from called her a 'her'!) so we are thinking a name that can be bot male and female would be best! The pictures are taken outside as she has had her wings clipped so she can't fly away, Sonny thought he better get them before her wings grow back!

Thankfully she is a very quiet bird and has more of a 'quack' than a chirp or a squawk! She is a very different bird to Sonny's other one, Tweetie, who lives with his mum in Aberdeen. At least this birdie likes me and i can pick her up and everything without getting bitten - a huge bonus!

Here are the photos and I'm sure there will be more to come, they live for at least 20 years!!!





She is predominantly green, with a pale green and a little red breast and silvery head. Her tail is a light maroon, and we think her flight feathers will be blue once they grow again.




We match! ha ha!

She loves taking baths!

1 comment:

  1. Emma! I have no Idea why I had not posted a comment for you before :) (it's me, Ale)
    I love the new birdie!!! can't wait to play with it some time without getting bitten hahaha!
    Feel free to visit my blog (which I don't update as often as I'd like to), although it is all in spanish, translation tools do wonders nowadays haha :P

    ReplyDelete